Skip to content
- Govt. ITI Kullu (erstwhile Industry School) was established in the year 1926 with two Trades i.e cutting tailoring and Weaving.
- Later on, after the establishment of Himachal Pradesh Technical Education and Vocational Training department the industry school was transferred to the new department and was converted to ITI(Women) in 1983 having two trades Cutting and Embroidery.
- Both trades got affiliated to NCVT in 1986 with seating capacity of 42 trainees in both trades having total seating capacity of 84 Trainees.
- Later on three more trades (COPA, Electrician, Electronics Mechanic) were added in year 2012 and the ITI was converted to Co-Educational ITI vide Govt Notification No.EDN(TE)A(4)1/2009 Dated 12-01-2020.
- Presently there are total 05(NCVT) Trades with 10 Units in engineering & Non-Engineering Trades.
- The institute is rated as 2.63-star ITI by DGT.
- The institute is covered under Upgradation scheme (PPP mode) and have received interest free loan of Rs 2.5crore in year 2009-10 from Govt of India.
- ITI has also been covered under STRIVE Scheme.